About Bayshore Christian School
Eastern Shore Presbyterian Church founded the Bayshore Christian School ministry in 2002. The school began its first year with 20 families, 22 preschool and kindergarten students, and 3 teachers. In 2004 the administration made the decision to shift its methodology approach and became a classical school. In May of 2016, with 242 students enrolled, BCS became fully accredited through the Association of Classical Christian Schools when the first senior class graduated. In November 2018, BCS purchased 46 acres of land in Daphne, AL with the intent of building an upper school campus. 2022 enrollment has grown to 540 students and 50 faculty and staff personnel who are members of 48 different churches along the Eastern Shore.
Our mission is to graduate students with a Biblical worldview who will inspire, impact, and serve their communities.
The Bayshore Confession for Students
We go to Bayshore Christian School, a kingdom academy. We exalt the name of Jesus. We recognize his presence here. We believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. We believe the Bible to be God’s holy word, to be complete truth, a guide to our feet. I am created in the image of God to glorify Him and worship Him forever. God calls me to love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ—to listen and obey; to use words with kindness; to respect God’s creation and all authority; to not seek harm against another; to love and encourage others; and to serve my community. I will set my mind on whatever is true, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, and whatever is good. I will seek to be content in whatever circumstances I am, for God is my treasure, and I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. We will display a crown of beauty instead of ashes; the oil of gladness instead of mourning; a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. We will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.
Statement of Faith
Bayshore Christian School is a ministry of and under the authority of Eastern Shore Presbyterian Church (PCA). BCS uses The Westminster Confession of Faith as the summary of what we believe the Bible teaches and it guides our approach to Christian education. The following Statement of Faith is the foundation of beliefs on which Bayshore Christian School is based and will constitute the substance of what is considered primary doctrine.
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by his mercy.
- We believe that eternal life is received by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe in the absolute sovereignty of God and that He ordains whatsoever comes to pass; we also believe that man is completely responsible before this holy and sovereign God.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His covenant promises.
- We believe that grace alone opens our hearts to respond to the gospel for forgiveness of sins and eternal life; we also believe that grace working in us motivates and enables us to live transformed lives.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself. All true believers will be resurrected at the final judgment and will live eternally on the New or Renewed Earth, the New Jerusalem. All unbelievers will face eternal judgment, separated by God forever because they refused to place their hope in the finished work of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Bayshore Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Session of Eastern Shore Presbyterian Church, in agreement with The Westminster Confession of Faith, is Bayshore Christian School’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application
In all areas of instruction, proper respect and consideration of God’s character will be given to ensure that God’s name, character and truth are honored and respected. References to the name or attributes of God must be consistent with biblical principles and should not be silly or trite.
Gender and Sexuality
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. We believe that God’s design for marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, and other behavior outside of God’s design are not acceptable from BCS students and staff.
Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When secondary doctrines arise, students will be encouraged to lean on parents for guidance in these areas. We seek to promote “unity in essentials” (primary doctrine), “liberty in non-essentials” (secondary doctrine) and “in all things charity” (Christian love toward others).