About Bayshore Christian School
Eastern Shore Presbyterian Church founded the Bayshore Christian School ministry in 2002. The school began its first year with 20 families, 22 preschool and kindergarten students, and 3 teachers. In 2004 the administration made the decision to shift its methodology approach and became a classical school. In May of 2016, with 242 students enrolled, BCS became fully accredited through the Association of Classical Christian Schools when the first senior class graduated. In November 2018, BCS purchased 46 acres of land in Daphne, AL with the intent of building an upper school campus. 2020 enrollment has grown to 475 students and 60 faculty and staff personnel who are members of 48 different churches along the Eastern Shore.
Bayshore Christian School exists to glorify God by equipping students to fulfill their lifelong calling as we educate them with an academically excellent classical Christian curriculum.
Our mission is to graduate students with a Biblical worldview who will inspire, impact, and serve their communities. Our students will be critical thinkers who are academically and spiritually prepared for college and their life’s calling. They will be defenders of the Christian faith and able to exquisitely articulate that defense. They will be lovers of whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and virtuous.
We aim to find our students well prepared in all situations, possessing both information and the knowledge of how to use it. We desire that they be socially graceful and spiritually gracious; equipped with and understanding the tools of learning; desiring to grow in understanding, yet fully realizing the limitations and foolishness of the wisdom of this world.
We desire that they have a heart for the lost and the courage to seek to dissuade those who are stumbling towards destruction; that they distinguish real religion from religion in form only; and that they possess the former, knowing and loving the Lord Jesus Christ. And all these we desire them to possess with humility and gratitude to God.
Statement of Faith
Bayshore Christian School is a ministry of and under the authority of Eastern Shore Presbyterian Church (PCA). BCS uses The Westminster Confession of Faith as the summary of what we believe the Bible teaches and it guides our approach to Christian education. The following Statement of Faith is the foundation of beliefs on which Bayshore Christian School is based and will constitute the substance of what is considered primary doctrine.
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by his mercy.
- We believe that eternal life is received by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe in the absolute sovereignty of God and that He ordains whatsoever comes to pass; we also believe that man is completely responsible before this holy and sovereign God.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His covenant promises.
- We believe that grace alone opens our hearts to respond to the gospel for forgiveness of sins and eternal life; we also believe that grace working in us motivates and enables us to live transformed lives.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself. All true believers will be resurrected at the final judgment and will live eternally on the New or Renewed Earth, the New Jerusalem. All unbelievers will face eternal judgment, separated by God forever because they refused to place their hope in the finished work of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Bayshore Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Session of Eastern Shore Presbyterian Church, in agreement with The Westminster Confession of Faith, is Bayshore Christian School’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application